Monday, October 17, 2005

My friends - Fumiko & Sakiko


It was about 10 years ago, we first met in the summer school in Cambridge, England. Although we spoke poor English, our friendship grew as blooming flowers within 4 weeks. Two years later, Fumiko and Sakiko came to Taiwan visiting me.

We wrote to each other a lot thereafter, however, we kinda lost in touch after graduated from college. Fumiko went to graduate school in Japan. Sakiko went to Okinawa for a job. I flew to the US for continued law education.

The year of 2004, when I was cleaning my room, I found the old letters that Fumiko and Sakiko sent to me. It reminded me the good youth that we had shared together. As appreciated the friendship, I tried to send Christmas cards, even though I was not sure if the addresses were still active.

The miracles were just happened! First I got the email from Fumiko, gladly told me that she's coming to Taiwan for a tour. We met and got to chat in a little nice chocolate shop. She's married to Hisashi, her co-worker, a nice young man. Per her information, I knew that Sakiko got married too, and now Mrs. Sasahara. And I got response from Sakiko via email as well. Thanks to the Japanese postal services, and their parents still live in the same places. So we could get in touch after so many years apart.


Therefore, I planned my trip to Japan for the very first time visiting my long-time friends.

After 10 year's rolling, we finally see each other again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home